EDUCATION/SCHOOL RELATED SERVICES FOR STUDENTS
Our purpose in providing education-related services is to help make sure that all of Ohio's students have access to a quality education. This begins with service to our community and continues with service to our student clients. Our firm is focused on helping students and parents understand their educational rights and options.
We handle many education-related issues, including but not limited to:
• Student discipline, suspension, expulsion (and related hearings);
• Student Code of Conduct hearings and appeals (academic / sexual / general);
• Social media and bullying-related issues;
• Student speech under the 1st Amendment;
• Student searches under the 4th Amendment;
• Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) issues (e.g. eligibility);
• Student confidentiality issues under Ohio law and FERPA;
• Special education matters (ETRs - IEPs - MFEs);
• Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Ohio Civil Rights Law - Discrimination Issues;
• Students with disabilities (ADA and Ohio law);
• Diabetes as a disability;
• Transgender student issues;
• Administration of medication by school employees;
• Home-schooled and community school student participation in extracurriculars;
• Ohio Sunshine Law (Public Records Act and Open Meetings Act).
We provide no charge issue assessments at your place or ours. Call or text us at (614) 519-6918, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.