Mark A. Weiker, Esq.
Mark focuses his practice on representing students in business, employment and education issues. Mark's student advocacy began in law school, where he served as President of the Student Bar Association and as an extern with the Columbus City Schools Legal Department. Following law school, Mark served for 4 years as day-to-day and defense counsel to public schools throughout Ohio. Mark co-founded the firm of Albeit Weiker with the intent of becoming an advocate for students and parents. Mark has lectured and written on many issues affecting students, including on the subjects of Title IX, FMLA, ADA discrimination, transgender student discrimination, bullying, FERPA, Ohio student privacy laws, public records, student-led NCAA pools and student drug testing.
Mark lives in Bexley with his wife, daughter, son, and dog.
- THE Ohio State University; B.S., 2002
- Capital University; J.D., 2010, (Student Bar Association President; Order of the Curia; Dean’s Award for Public Service)
- Ohio, 2010;
- U.S. Dist. Court, Southern Dist. of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, 2012
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star; 2015, 2016, 2017
- "Superb" rating by Avvo.com, Lawyer Rating Service
- Ohio State Bar Association, Education Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association; Barrister Leadership Program (2011-2012); Young Lawyers Committee
- Bexley Chamber of Commerce, Governing Board Member; Taste of Bexley Committee;
- Bexley, Ohio Tax Incentive Review Commission
- Web Wise Seniors, Inc., Board of Directors
- hChoices, LLC, Board of Directors
- Franklinton Gardens, Board of Directors
- Toastmasters International
- Mid-Day Club
- Of Counsel to Barkan Meizlish, LLP