Leslie A. Albeit, Esq.
Leslie focuses on representing students in the criminal/traffic and college misconduct practice areas. She also handles "catch-all" civil litigation cases, such as dog bite defense, car accidents, and small claims defense.
Leslie grew up in Pataskala and attended Ohio Wesleyan University (Go OWU!) where she played varsity volleyball, interned for a Delaware County Common Pleas judge, and worked for a prominent criminal defense law firm. Immediately following her undergraduate studies, Leslie attended Capital University Law School, where she served as a law clerk for a criminal defense firm. Leslie graduated from law school with honors and immediately began work at a boutique law firm specializing in criminal defense and plaintiff’s personal injury cases. Leslie moved on to a larger firm where she continued her criminal defense practice and gained extensive experience in insurance defense litigation.
Leslie co-launched Albeit Weiker with a commitment to provide meaningful, personal, and affordable representation to clients. Leslie is specifically passionate about protecting students' permanent criminal and traffic records, and negotiating to find amicable resolutions based on an individual need. She also takes pride in working with both parents and students to reduce the stress and anxiety that comes with court appearances.
Leslie lives in Bexley with her husband, daughters, and dogs. When she is not assisting clients, she enjoys spending time with her family, playing at the dog park, or attempting to re-live her glory days on the volleyball court.
- Ohio Wesleyan University; B.A., 2007
- Capital University Law School; J.D., 2010; (Cum Laude, Order of the Curia)
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. Dist. Court, Southern Dist. of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. Dist. Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2016
- School Law
- Criminal Defense
- OVI/DUI Defense
- Traffic Defense
- Dog Bites
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star; 2016, 2017, 2018
- "Excellent" rating by Avvo.com, Lawyer Rating Service
- Client's Choice Award by Avvo.com, Lawyer Rating Service
- Client Champion Award, Martindale-Hubbell
- Peer Rated, For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale-Hubbell
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys;
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Columbus, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Bexley Area Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the Business Development Committee
- Bexley, Ohio Tax Review Board
- Of Counsel to Barkan Meizlish, LLP