Emily S. Haynes, Esq. & Parent/Student Advocate (Emmy)
Emily focuses her practice on special education advocacy. One of the aspects Emily likes most about special education is the opportunity to educate and collaborate with students, parents, school districts, service providers, and state and local agencies. In addition to educating schools about their responsibilities in a way they will hear, her job is to connect parents with resources, teach them advocacy skills, and help them be knowledgeable and capable members of their child's IEP team.
Emily lives in Bexley with her husband, three children, and dogs. She was fortunate enough to stay at home with her three children for quite a few years. With the gradual realization that her daughter's struggles in reading were a form of dyslexia, Emily dove into special education first for her daughter, and then for others facing similar challenges. When she advocates for families, she does it from a parent and a legal perspective.
- Smith College; B.A., 1991
- University of Pittsburg; MLS, 1995
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law; J.D., 2000.
- Ohio, 2000
- Client Champion Award, Martindale-Hubbell
- Peer Rated, For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale-Hubbell
- Of Counsel to Barkan Meizlish, LLP